Sunday, March 23, 2008

The end of an era

Well, it is an end of an era and the beginning of a new one. My little Corolla I bought brand new with zero miles on it 10 years ago was my first car and has been through it all. She taught many people how to drive a manual, been hit by 2 deer, sat in the salt, sand and sun of FL and finally found her way to retirement. It was a long string of events that brought us to this point and concluded with the door handle falling off in my hand. Zippy wasn't pretty at the end but she sure was reliable. She carried a lot of memories for me and so in some ways it was hard to let her go.


Below is her replacement, Red! Red is a Toyota Tacoma 4x4. We've wanted a truck for a long time for the practicality of it. Matt took it out 2 days after we got it to pick up some large pieces of pegboard that he has wanted but had no way to get home from Home Depot. I absolutely love it. Rides like a dream.


11 comments:

firecracker said...

And it's my favorite color! You join the growing fleet of Tacomas - Dan, Robin, McLean, Bob and Mary, Ronnie - Dad will probably join you soon! His little Corolla is the same year and in about the same shape.

Unknown said...

Awww poor Zippy! She was a good little car. But Red is super pretty! I like! She'll have to meet Duchess SOON!!

Shaun said...

you have officially been pimped. that's one PHat ride.

DanD said...

Good choice, Aud! We'll have to go 4x4'ing and let our trucks get acquainted.

Matt said...

We love Red for sure, only problem is now AJ is jealous so she decided to garner some attention by jumping a tooth on her timing belt so I will be putting her under for surgery this weekend :-)

Unknown said...

Eeep not good Brother! Zippy taught me how to drive a standard btw! I stalled so many times on the way to the beach...it was pretty embarrassing :(

Theresa said...

Nice ride Audrey! Clearly a "southern" truck. She is missing the snow plow on the grill...huh Annie?! BTW 9 inches of snow for Easter in MN. G'pa Jones shoveled 3 times in one day.

Unknown said...

We had 9 inches of snow a few weeks before Easter! Except we don't shovel down here because everything is closed when in snows, so we have no reason to leave our houses :P

hwapper said...

toyota people rule

hwapper said...

^^that was me...robin

We Are So Blessed said...

Hey Audrey! Glad to hear you are finally settled! We still have a long ride ahead of us. Thankfully I don't think Mike will be seeing deployment anytime soon since he is still waiting for training to begin here in windy Oklahoma. Great posts. I'll be checking in more now that I know your page.

Elana