Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Don't people tell you to treasure these years, they'll be gone before you know it. Part of me wonders what there is to cherish on days like today... a child who takes a 20 minute nap and spends the next hour and a half fighting to fall back asleep, a child who refuses to say "please" yet throws a fit when he doesn't get what he wants, and the child who finds trouble when you are tied up with dinner. It is in this very moment that I wonder what there is to cherish but remember that children are a blessing and a gift from God- good, bad or ugly.


So today, Roman was in the mood where he was either in trouble or clinging to my legs crying while I am cooking dinner. I fully convinced myself that whatever was keeping him occupied enough to stay out of the kitchen was well worth any clean up I would have to do...that is until I found him in the bathroom unraveling the entire roll of toilet paper and dipping every piece in and out of the toilet and throwing it on the floor. It went something like this: Throw all the toilet paper in the toilet until sufficiently drenched, then pick it all out of the toilet and throw it on the floor and Repeat! So by the time i got out of my denial about the trouble he may be in and ventured to find him, the water was flowing freely across the floor and out the bathroom door with only a small driblet of water left in the toilet itself. Now the toilet was clogged, the sopping wet toilet paper was spread throughout the bathroom, the rug was drenched, Roman was disgusting from the toilet diving and I completely blanked on dinner in the oven. So after rinsing off roman and confining him to his high chair for dinner, I took to cleaning the bathroom in between trying to feed Roman only to remember the garlic toast was in the broiler as black as can be.

lesson learned- not all trouble is worth ignoring just to keep your toddler out of the kitchen while you are cooking dinner.


And one more thing got knocked off my moving to do list: Mop the bathroom floor!

2 comments:

firecracker said...

Oh my! He is persistent and that's a good quality!!! Keep telling yourself that!

Annie DiMarco said...

Hahaha! Hilarious. Except the gross part. My cats just unravel the whole TP roll. They prefer to drink the toilet water instead of playing with it. Be thankful he hasn't figured that one out!!