Saturday, August 25, 2007

Discovery Cove- Aug 2007

For Matt's birthday, I bought us tickets to Discovery Cove in Orlando, FL. Discovery Cove is known for its one on one interactions with Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins. It is unlike most other animal parks because interaction with the animals is not limited by walls or fences. Interactions with stingrays, tropical fish, exotic birds, and dolphins were face to face with snorkel and mask.

I had surgery on my right shoulder 3 weeks ago so I had to be especially careful being out of my sling and trying to swim with one arm. People gave us stares as matt had to put my hair up in a pony tail and put on my vest, snorkel, and mask for me.

The experience was amazing. And below our pictures to view:



We woke up very early to drive to Orlando- which is very apparent by our faces!
"Diego" pulled us around. They didn't even come close to the 22mph they can go and thank goodness b/c holding on wasn't easy at least not for my one arm!


Some pictures and video of the other attractions at Discovery Cove - huge reef environments populated with many different types of tropical fish and other sea life:



The Stingrays were very docile and calm despite everyone trying to reach out and touch them.
Matt and "Fluff"....his new found buddy! You can see how much she weighed as Matt had to really flex those biceps! :) No doubt these birds are from the pigeon family. Perching on my head like I was a statue.Our family photo with "Diego". It was a wonderful experience !! Thanks to Kevin, a long time friend, who helped it all happen.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Thanks baby! I had a great time and I was not flexing for the camera