Sunday, January 27, 2008

Maggie- our new addition

On Friday afternoon we adopted a new puppy from Lake Norman Animal Rescue. She was spayed at my vet clinic and was up for adoption. She is an Australian Shepherd Mix about 14 weeks old. She is incredibly smart and is learning quickly, although she always keeps us on our toes. The cats aren't too fond of her yet. They are curious and check her out, but she invades their space too much right now, but it will be a matter of time before they warm up to her.



We were out raking leaves today and she helped us out. We try to keep her active so that when she is inside she is staying out of trouble.

Saturday we went to a Marine Buddy Challenge that Matt participated in. Maggie spent the entire morning being doted on by people and kids of all types. By the time she got home, she passed out on the living room floor.


I am working on my certification for dog behavioral training- and well, this has been good practice and even challenging at times and it has only been 2 days.

And now some pics from the Marine Buddy Challenge - Matt & Mike representing CrossFit Charlotte





9 comments:

firecracker said...

We both got a chuckle out of her tail - so cute! Can't wait to meet her!

The Moore Family said...

She is sooooooooo cute! Almost makes me want a dog, but I think we'll stick with chickens!!

Unknown said...

Omg omg omg!! I want to squeeze her!!!!!!

Unknown said...

hahaha... looks like a cutie. It gets better with time.

Theresa said...

Congrats on the new addition. I bet she has soft puppy ears! Our cats weren't all that fond of Mikko at first either. It will get better much sooner than you expect.

Shaun said...

what a cool looking dog! Congrats! One thing I just have to ask...how is it that you go from snow to raking in a matter of a few weeks?!?!?! 2 days ago it was 40 degrees here in MN and 2 days later we've got a -40 with wind chill!!!! BBUuurrrrrrrr...

Unknown said...

Eww -40? I like it just fine here I think. It got up to 70 yesterday :D

Katie said...

She is sooo cute!!!! I bet she is annoying the heck out of the cats!!! (especially LILY) :)

See you guys soon!!! ;)

Maloa said...

okay, she is one cute puppy! but I know how much work puppies are! good luck with that!! ;o)