Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Just when I didn't think he could be more boy...


Here is the first photo of where we are now living in Manitowoc, WI...this is the field in front of our house that has been a great outlet for Maggie to play ball and for Roman to run around (and as you will soon see) and get dirty in.


The one remaining mud puddle from the recent rains couldn't hide from Roman. He has a radar for dirt.
In my infinite wisdom (yet again) I thought asking Roman to wash his hands in the rain puddle would help clean up the mess on his hands before it made it to the rest of his body. Roman had other plans that I obviously did not see coming...
here we are washing our hands...What a good listener!!
And then here we are wiping our hands in our hair- yikes..the unexpected!!!
And if that wasn't enough, the process was repeated time and time again! And when his hands got too clean, he just revisited his mud puddle.
i figured after one swipe of his hands to his hair, that a shower was on our schedule for the day, so I decided I may as well let the muddy fun continue to really make this shower and load of laundry worth the effort.
The aftermath...
He was happy as could be...and I realized that this is why I don't keep a booked schedule. I have to leave room for clean up duty which takes as much time as play time. Before noon we had our 2nd shower of the day and our 2nd change of clothes and another load of laundry.

Nanny and Pops...are you sure you are ready for him to visit?! Stock up on 5 hour energy, lots of laundry detergent and changes of clothes!

1 comment:

firecracker said...

I love it all - he is adorable, dirt and all and I can't wait to play!