Thursday, September 27, 2007

Settling into Temporary Housing

With the cat's sufficiently drugged up, so I thought, I took off for Charlotte with my car weighted down to capacity with only a little room for the cats. They managed to climb me like a tree for the entire 5 hour drive and had to explore every inch of the car despite their unsteady footing, elevated third eye lids, and drooling mouths thanks to the sedation they were given. At one point, Abby fell asleep on my lap with her tongue sticking WAY out. I wish I could have taken a picture.

As you can see, they were feeling plenty awake enough to explore the apt and the third story balcony. I think Jack would jump up on the railing if it wasn't for me babysitting him. He tried a couple of times, but I am not up for a trip to the ER.



Our living room.... the apt was comletely furnished, washer and dryer included!



The office...which hasn't been much of an office since it has been like pulling teeth to get the internet to work. But we are working to make it feel like "home" at least for now.

4 comments:

firecracker said...

Aud- it looks very livable and spacious! Sorry the trip was so arduous but having Matt back will help - we're all (our church included) praying for you both love, MOM

The Moore Family said...

What a cute little place! How lucky for you guys!

Nicole said...

I know this might sound mean but it would be really funny if Jack got his head stuck in the rail (only if you could get it out. Otherwise it wouldnt be so funny). How long do you think it will take before he gets up on the rail and climbs to the next floor?

Audrey DiMarco said...

Well on Jack, there is only one direction to go- DOWN! It wouldn't surprise me if I found him in the bushes below! I do look down there when I can't find him in the apt.