Saturday, September 29, 2007

Our First Hike in NC

On Saturday, Matt and I went to Crowders Mountain State Park for our first hike here in North Carolina. we wanted to take advantage of our time together before Matt's training up in Massachusetts. The hike was in the "strenuous" category which of course was right up our alley. I was definitely struggling to catch my breath by the time we got to the top. I successfully ruined the serene environment with my huffing and puffing. Matt raced up the hill and he seemed as calm as ever, while I was keeled over trying to catch my breath.

Despite all that- the weather was absolutely perfect for our trek and the rocky trails helped with my agility and coordination- which most of you know- needs a lot of work.

Of course, I can't be blamed for all the lack of serenity, while people were meditating on the top of the rocks, Matt's water bottle full of ice rattled in rhythm with our step- just in case anyone wanted to know we were coming.






This is us at the top- Matt looks somewhat refreshed after his run up the steep trail to the top...and I on the other hand, as seen below, look like I have been bowled over by a semi.

4 comments:

Jared D said...

When I get up there, we have to put some time aside to do some climbing! I wanted to do more in Maine and West Virginia, but wasnt able to!

Matt said...

Definitely man, Aud is researching some good climbing spots as we speak, plan on it!

Karen Maloa said...

wow, beautiful! I really want to come for a visit!! If I do, will you take me hiking? we can huff and puff up the mountain together! ;o)

Audrey DiMarco said...

Anyone who comes will probably be forced to go hiking :) and if Matt is involved it might require sprinting up some steps!