Sunday, October 7, 2007

Marcia came to visit

Marcia came to visit this past weekend for a twofold purpose. The first being, to transport my remaining plants from Florida to North Carolina. In the move, we had to leave a few of my plants behind and I couldn't bear to part with them. Secondly, she came to hang out and do some hiking. We definitely did both and below are pictures of our hike at Pilot Mountain State Park. Notice I didn't say our hike OF Pilot Mountain b/c as you can see below, getting to the top of Pilot Mountain will be more than an novice hiker such as us could attain to. Don't get us wrong, The hefty hike to the top to view this spectacle was quite challenging.






As you can see- hiking, yet again, brought out our most photogenic sides- notice the sweat drenched tank tops.

We were able to climb a trail to the base of Pilot Mountain and walk around it. The above two pictures are standing at the base of Pilot Mountain looking up at it. Quite impressive.

Overall we hiked over 7 miles and did it at a pretty hefty pace. I have tried out 3 parks in North Carolina so far- only a couple hundred more to go.

It was nice to have Marcia come to visit as with Matt gone, the weekends can drag by. Visitors make it much more exciting.

3 comments:

Jared D said...

Dang... Do you DiMarcos do anything relaxing??? Geesh! I really cant wait to come up and visit. Hopefully its still warm enough to hike when Matt is back! Keep in touch you two!

BTW those werent "Illegal" plants were they Audrey? :P

T. Hlywa said...

I am beginning to think that North Carolina might beat out Ithaca in beauty! Either that or you are a much better photographer than I am!! When Steve and I finally make it down there, we will have to hike one of these parks...preferably the easier one! We miss you both alot and think of you often!
Tina

Unknown said...

Good to know! I'm planning a hiking trip with some friends, and I'm trying to decide between Pilot Mountain and Stone Mountain.